Fitmark Ambassador Danielle Serecula explains how to stay self motivated on a fitness journey
Let me introduce myself to you, my name is Danielle Sereluca, I am an IFBB pro figure athlete. People are always asking me how I stay so motivated even with all that life throws at me. I always tell them, that life is hard, but I am stronger. Here are 8 self motivating tips I recommend to keep your spirits up and that motivation high!
1) Set a Goal: Whether your goal is to lose 20lbs, gain 10lbs of muscle or even to get into competing at a show. You must set a goal and follow through. Long term and short term goals are very important. Be specific as to what you’re looking to do and set deadlines for those goals. This will keep you focused.
2) Make a Plan of Action: Once you have decided on what your goals are, set them into action. Write it down; visualize your success. Otherwise one can lose track of progress and time.
3) Keep a Journal of your training: I find if I write down all my workouts, sets, reps, weight.. I can keep myself on track. This will keep you accountable for the work you have done , or not have done..
4) Make a Picture/Visionary Board: Its been proven if you have a daily reminder of what it is you’re looking to sculpt your body into, you are more apt to achieve it. I find, making a board filled with all my favorite athletes keeps me working hard to achieve and improve myself as they have..
5) Stay Away from Negativity: There will always be haters and Naysayers, stay clear of them. Negative people put doubt in your head, block it out. Surround yourself with positivity and Belief. Sometimes negative people can have a positive effect on you. You want to prove them wrong and this can be used as motivation.
6) Look to Other Athletes as Inspiration: In this day and age of Facebook and Twitter, The social media sites can offer you motivational and inspirational sites. Allot of athletes are very welcoming to new athletes who are looking to get into the game. These people can be God sent. So surround yourself with as many as you can.
7) Buy New Gym Gear: Having a fabulous outfit or new shoes can increase one’s confidence. If you look good , you usually feel good. It helps motivate you and you do the work… Get it done.
8) Believe In Yourself:
Believing in yourself is one of the hardest things for an athlete to do. Know this and always remember there is only one you. You are special, you were destined for greatness; it’s in all of us. so just let it shine through. Now go look in the mirror and tell yourself you, yes YOU are AWESOME!!
Fitmark Ambassador 2013