Fitmark Ambassador Samantha Kozuch encourages you to spice things up a bit to keep the motivation going
Summer is just around the corner and many of us start envisioning ourselves in our bikinis and board shorts, enjoying the rays of sunshine and feeling the best we ever feel all year long as sun is a free and available mood enhancer… and then we snap out of that mid-day dream, look down at ourselves, and realize we might be a little ways away from that reality.
For some, a fit body is already there, and for the rest of us that over-indulged in the winter time now have to get our butts in gear to not only fit in that itty-bitty polka dot bikini, but to also find that inner confidence to strut our stuff in front of everyone while wearing it. Motivation is now kicking in….
Regardless if your striving to set a new personal best in cross-fit, get rid of that muffin-top, or improve your marathon run time; what motivates you week after week to do so? Setting goals is one of the best ways to stay motivated and also rewarding yourself (and not with food) once reaching that goal is even better motivation as you have something to look forward to day after day.
Motivation changes from week to week, so staying fired up about your workouts is a big key element. Here are a few ways to keep that spice up while sweating away:
- Add new workout music to your playlist – Use free apps like Pandora or Spotify and find upbeat music channels.
- Buy some new workout clothes; a new wardrobe is always exciting to wear!
- Get a workout partner and you’ll less likely bail on someone waiting for you.
- Tell the world your plans – post on social media your goals and accomplishments to keep the motivation going week after week.
- Mix is up! Everyone gets board with the same routine over and over… try a new spinning class or boxing or even hire a trainer to kick your butt.
Fitamrk Ambassador 2013