If you’re like me, who works out and eats healthy, but you also travel for business or pleasure you probably find yourself worrying about what to do while traveling. I have great news for you! Just because you are traveling does not mean you have to veer away from you healthy lifestyle. I am here to share my tips for when I travel.
Pre travel planning
- Most hotels these days have workout facilities so research hotels in your travel area and book a room in hotels that have access to a gym.
- If your hotel does not have access to a gym you can purchase resistance band that are inexpensive and are easy to store in your luggage
- Prior to leaving for your trip, plan out and purchase healthy foods from your local grocery store but make sure these foods are easy to store in your luggage. By doing this, you will keep your food cost down and also it will keep you from straying from your normal healthy eating habits. Some examples of travel foods that I purchase when I travel: almonds, apples, bananas, protein bars and packs of tuna.
Sample workouts for your hotel rooms
- Circuit workout – Pick 3 to 4 of the exercises below and rotate through these exercises for a total of 5-15 minutes, depending on your fitness level
- Pushups (5-15 reps)
- Crunches (5-15 reps)
- Body weight squats (5-15 reps)
- Burgees (5-15 reps)
- Jumping jacks (5-15 reps)
- Lunges (5-15 reps)
- Resistance workout –using your resistance bands, you can continue with you normal weight lifting sessions in your hotel room
Remember, just because you are traveling does not mean you have take a break from your healthy lifestyle. Remember these important tips
- Research your travel destination
- Plan and purchase your travel foods
- Set a plan for your workouts while you are traveling
Fitmark Ambassador 2013