When it comes to the holiday season, we already know that the desserts and heavily flavored foods are coming out to play. This is the time of year where you begin planning what you’re going to make for your family get-together on Thanksgiving or Christmas months in advance. This is also the time of year where health and fitness enthusiasts can have a positive influence on families and friends by creating dishes that are healthy and inviting.
Cookies are a staple dessert. From chocolate chip and peanut butter, to molasses and gingerbread cookies, they’re more than likely going to be an option at your family gathering, and they’ll be loaded with sugar. If you’re looking for a better option, we’ve found a great healthy recipe for cookies that only includes 2 ingredients! Only 2! And we’re not crazy, we just love health!
Laura Feuents of SuperGlueMom, shared an awesome recipe called Magic Cookies. The recipe serves 12 so double or triple up, whatever you think you’ll need because these babies will disappear faster than you think!
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips or raisins*
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, blend bananas and oats until bananas are smooth but you can still see the oats. Add chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.
3. Scoop out batter with a cookie scoop and place it onto parchment paper.
4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until tops are golden.
*The add-ins are optional. You can add nuts, dried fruit or whatever you desire.
So if you think you need to spend all day in the kitchen baking, think again! Not only is this a huge time saver, but it’s your way of staying healthy while enjoying the festivities with your family and friends. Once they’re ready to go, pack them up in meal containers and off you go! Don’t forget to pass the recipe on to your family and friends. After all, health is a priceless gift you can never stop giving!
The Fitmark Team