Achieving work-life balance is all about setting goals, and as fitness enthusiasts we all know about goal setting.
If you have something to work towards and you’ve broken it down into manageable sized steps, then you’re more likely to stick to your goals and more importantly, achieve success.
Setting goals is also about setting priorities
Work-Life Balance is Not a 50/50 Split
According to one life coach, it’s a myth that work-life balance fits neatly into a perfect 50/50 split between work and home. If your priority in life is to fast-track your career, then the time you dedicate to work will be greater than someone whose goal is to raise and home school a family.
If you don’t know what you value in life, then how do you manage your time?
Let’s face it, some of us are better at managing our time than others, but even the best of us rely on gadgets and accessories like fitness trackers and meal management bags to keep life organized and our fitness goals on track. Here are a few other tips for work-life balance.
Fitmark’s Top 5 Tips for Work-Life Balance
- Determine your priorities in life – fitness, family, career, health, nutrition
- Set your goals – use a workback schedule to breakdown each step needed to reach your goal
- Manage your time – use a planner to set reminders of everything you need to get done in a day to achieve your goals
- Perform a reality check – once you’ve established your goals and priorities, check with home and work to make sure your goals fit into your lifestyle and life’s demands for your time.
- Take care of your health – don’t let life get in the way of your health. Always pack a bag with your gym gear and enough meals to get you through the day. That way, there’s no excuses.
The Fitmark Team