This Mother’s Day, treat mom to an extra special treat, something healthy like one of our amazing tote bags full of double chocolate kale muffins (see recipe below). Or better yet, cook up on of her favorite meals and pack it in one of our meal management bags. Way better than flowers. Not only will you be giving your mom the gift of not having to cook for the day, but you will be giving her something that she can use over and over again.
Flowers are nice, but really what moms want is time away from the kitchen, time off from doing the household chores and a break from running after the kids. Moms love to be pampered and shown that they are appreciated and truly loved. Showing your mom you care about her health is probably one of the most significant things you can do for her. So imagine her surprise when you cook up a batch of these ever-so-delicious yet healthy muffins.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE KALE MUFFINS FOR MOM
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Activz Organic Kale Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In a blender or food processor combine all wet ingredients.
- Once blended, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and work into a batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
All that’s left to do now is to make sure these yummy mommy treats are cool enough to pack away in her new Fitmark bag and you’re all set to surprise here with the best Mother’s Day gift ever!
Happy Mother’s Day!
The Fitmark Team