We’re bringing you a fit Fourth of July to celebrate the fact that holidays no longer mean giving up on your fitness lifestyle. From now on, we’re turning holidays into a fitness festivity and keeping it healthy.
Ana Delia de Iturrondo of @anadfitness loads up her Transporter Duffel with enough food to get her through the day and all the equipment she needs to stay active. Here are three meal suggestions that Ana sticks to when she’s leaning out:
- Meal 2: 4 oz. Salmon, Broccoli & Sweet Potato
- Meal 3: Tuna, 1/3 cup of Brown Rice, Spinach & Grapefruit
- Meal 4: 4 oz. Chicken, Steam Vegetables & Avocado
For Jenna Dillard of @strength_and_focus, staying fit is a family affair. A day out with the kids at the beach is an opportunity to crank out some moves and work out in the sand. To stay nourished and hydrated, Jenna needs the Shield LG for herself and two growing boys! She says:
I have always included my sons in my fitness. When they were babies I would hold them and lunge around the house, wrap them in blankets and use them as a weight for bicep curls, you name it! As they have gotten older they can work out with me and I love that they are learning at a young age how to be healthy, fit and happy!
For Janette M of @myhungrybites, holidays are an opportunity to enjoy some time with friends. All she needs is her Transporter Backpack full of fitness essentials and of course, some of those delicious and healthy recipes she’s always creating, like this one – the perfect treat for July 4th:
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE KALE CUPCAKES
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Activz Organic Kale Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In a blender or food processor combine all wet ingredients.
- Once blended, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and work into a batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Don’t let the holidays spoil your fitness goals. Take them with you!
From everyone here at Fitmark, HAPPY FIT FOURTH OF JULY!
The Fitmark Team