It’s that time of year again when temptation lurks around every corner like a fiendish ghoul at Halloween. It’s enough to drive you into a sweet-induced zombie state and leave you stumbling in the dark in search of chocolate or something sweet to satisfy your cravings. Leave it to Fitmark’s team of healthy ambassadors to come up with the remedy, or should we say, recipe.
We took some of our favorite, healthy recipes and added a little pumpkin spice, and a lot of chocolate. But don’t worry! These are healthy, low fat, low calorie, high protein, guilt-free treats. So go ahead and indulge a little. These recipes are sinfully good!
Colorful Foodie’s Nutty Pumpkin Chocolate Bread
- 1 3/4 cups any flour – (I broke it up and used:1 cup oat flour, 1/2 cup almond meal flour, 1/4 cup ground flaxseed)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg + 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp palm coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1 15oz can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp oil, I used grapeseed
- 1/4 cup milk, I used almond milk
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lower oven rack to midway, this will prevent the top of your bread from browning too much too soon. Spray a muffin, brownie or bread pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
You can use a blender and blend all ingredients, starting by adding the wet, and introducing the dry flours later. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle pecans and chocolate chips.
You can also use a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt together until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and honey until combined. Whisk in the pumpkin, oil, and milk. Pour these wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle pecans and chocolate chips over the top. Bake for about 45 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with only a few small moist crumbs. Delicious!
Allow the bread to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before removing and slicing. The bread will be SUPER MOIST and soft.
This recipe was created by Fitmark Ambassador Ana Sandee, the Colorful Foodie
As you scroll through these recipes, you’ll notice we start off with a little chocolate, gradually sweetening the pot with a little more chocolate, until the final scene and Death By Chocolate! Can you stand it?
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup organic pumpkin seed protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In a blender or food processor combine all wet ingredients.
- Once blended, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and work into a batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When muffins cool slightly, decorate with Pumpkin Spice Morsels
Original recipe was created by Fitmark Ambassador Janette @myhungrybites
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN COOKIES (Death by Chocolate!)
- 1/2 scoop Cellucor molten chocolate Cor-Performance Whey
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- pumpkin spice and vanilla
- 1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsps Hersheys dark chocolate chips and Pumpkin Spice Morsels
Pre cook the oats in a small amount of water (this will make the pancakes fluffy). In a blender, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and pumpkin spice morsels. Makes 8 small protein cookies and yes, this is one meal.
This recipe was originally created by Fitmark Ambassador Nadine Dumas.
We hope you enjoyed this sumptuous selection of festive treats. The only thing missing is a Fitmark Bag to stash your goodies!
If you can stand it, we’ll have more delicious delights right here on the Fitmark Blog. Stay tuned!
Sport Your Life
The Fitmark Team