The festive season is upon us and for the next three months, it’s going to be party central and food, food, food! Now more than ever you’ll appreciate your diet and meal management bag from Fitmark. We’ll carry you through the holidays, keeping you on track and your meals on ice!
To kick off the holiday season, we checked in with Fitmark Ambassador Kandace Hudspeth for a taste of her fit-over-skinny expert advice.
Fitmark’s Guide To Surviving the Holiday Season
- Feed your body to keep your metabolism burning, eat small meals every 3 hours (5-6 meals a day)
- Watch your portion size, evenly distribute your calories across each of your meals
- Eat real food (not out of a bag, can, jar, etc) Avoid processed foods as much as possible
- Include lean protein in every meal (chicken breast, fish, and lean turkey). If you love red meat have it once a week. If you don’t eat meat choose black beans, nuts, or hemp seeds (leafy greens also have protein).
- Include veggies in every meal. Leafy green veggies are free foods, eat as much as you want.
- Include complex carbs early in the day or around your training times (brown rice, sweet potato, oats)
- Avoid sugar. Keep your daily count under 30 grams (read labels everything has sugar)
- Don’t drink your calories. Avoid soda, sugary drinks, and alcohol
- Drink lots of water at least 4L a day
- What you put in your mouth affects your mind and body. Think about this before you eat.
The secret we’ve found is to carry your meals with you wherever you go. You might get some weird comments at first, but people will soon get used to the idea. They’ll learn it’s not because you don’t like their cooking, but a means of surviving the fattening festive season.
Stay tuned for more holiday survival tips on the Fitmark Blog.
Sport Your Lifestyle
The Fitmark Team