When you’ve got guests coming for the Holidays, or you want to leave Santa a nice, healthy surprise, or you’re planning on gatecrashing the party with your own desserts (heavens!), then listen up! We’ve got five irresistibly healthy treats that will make your mouth water and your waistline thank you!
First up is this berry delicious and festive treat from our friend Nadine Dumas. One of Nadine’s secrets is to recreate one of her favorite recipes and turn it into something that she can enjoy guilt free. These festive delights are just begging to be kissed under the mistletoe!
Santa Ginger Brownie Bites
- 2 cups baked organic sweet potato (skin removed)
- 3 organic eggs
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup organic agave
- 4 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp organic coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp fresh ground ginger
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch sea salt
- Chocolate chunks, as much as you’d like. I used Fit Kat Dark Caramel Sea Salt Chocolate
Heat oven to 425°F
- In a blender, add potato, egg, oil, agave, vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add coconut flour, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, spice, baking powder and salt and blend again.
- Fold the chocolate in by hand and pour into a prepared 8×8 dish. Bake for 35 mins.
- Once cooled, use a round cookie cutter and cut into circles.
- Place cool whip free between 2 brownies and then again on the top, topping it with a bite sized Santa hat. Place back in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Let sit for 30 mins before serving.
For those crazy chocolate cravings, Lais DeLeon likes to whip up a batch of her favorite berry chocolate frozen treats. We like to call them Reindeer Treats because they remind us of Rudolph’s shiny red nose!
Santa’s Healthy Chocolate Reindeer Treats
- 4-5 tbsp organic Greek yogurt
- 4-5 tbsp fat-free Cool Whip
- 2 scoops of NLA For Her chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6-8 Graham Crackers (gluten-free)
- 1-2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- Organic raspberries
- Mix together first four ingredients.
- Then in a separate bowl, crush 6-8 gluten-free graham crackers and mix with the coconut oil, until it sticks together, but is still crumbly.
- Line a mini-muffin pan with festive mini cupcake liners and place 1/3 of the graham cracker mixture in each cup and press till firm.
- Next, fill the baking cups with the chocolate mixture. Top with a raspberry and pop in the freezer, until ready to eat!
If you want Santa to be really good to you this year, then make sure you leave a plate of these cookies out by the tree for the jolly old fellow! Fitmark Ambassador Gina Marie of Big Brother fame calls these cookies Eat The Bear Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. We’ve given them a festive twist.
Kriss Kringle’s Favorite Cookies
- 1 scoop chocolate ETB Whey Pure Isolate Protein
- 2 cups organic quinoa flour
- 3-4 tbsp of water or organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp of organic coconut oil
- ½ cup of all natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of organic vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of organic oats
Heat oven 300°F
- Mix all ingredients together well. Place the cookie batter by the teaspoonful onto a prepared baking sheet, about one inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before eating.
- Store in a covered bowl for soft cookies.
Thanks to our ambassadors for sharing some of their favorite festive treats. Lots of healthy goodies here to keep your holiday celebrations sweet and low in calories.
Sport Your Lifestyle
The Fitmark Team