It’s easy to get stuck in a rut with your meal prep and always cook up the same ingredients week after week. Once you get your macros down, you don’t want to mess with it. We get it! But you can get burnt out eating the same lean cuisine day after day. So to brighten things up we turned to Raw Food Chef and Fitmark Ambassador Bethany Ugarte aka @lilsipper for some fresh meal prep recipes. See if you can resist these easy-to-make and oh-so-delicious creations.
When we last caught up with Bethany, we spoke about her passion for fitness and how her love for food has come about primarily through her search to find balance and restore herself back to health. Despite fighting her Crohn’s Disease on a daily basis, she’s learned the secret to putting on muscle and maintaining a healthy weight. After more than a decade of holistic studies and mentorship with the best in the field, Bethany has gained valuable insight into the healing power of food and shares her wisdom with an Instagram community of 307K.
I don’t discriminate when it comes to what others eat as each body is different and requires different things. As long as you are getting the nourishment you need and taking care of your body the best you know how that’s all that matters. I personally follow a holistic approach (most of the time) and try to each as many whole, unprocessed foods as possible without any preservatives. That’s why meal prep is so important.
When we saw this creation on Bethany’s Instagram page, it was all we could do from licking the screen! Who doesn’t love PB&J? It’s a muscle-building favorite for most of us. Just consider this fact: By the time the average American reaches their 18th birthday, they’ll consume 1500 peanut butter and jam sandwiches!
The beautiful thing about Bethany’s PB&J Cups is that they are bread-free. A healthy snack that you can prep ahead of time and keep in the freezer, ready to pop into your meal prep bag when you’re loading up for the day and heading out the door.
You’ll need just three ingredients:
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter powder
- Homemade jelly or jam for filling
Melt 4 parts coconut oil with 1 part peanut butter powder (i.e.: 4 Tbsp to 1 Tbsp) and pour into mini cupcake liners 1/3 of the way up. Freeze for 10 minutes. Fill w/jelly or homemade jam. Cover with the rest of your peanut butter sauce and freeze for another 10 minutes. DONE!
So easy and unbelievably delicious. Sticking with the bread-free theme, Bethany has been spinning some yummy new creations with her new inspiring spiralizer! We’re talking zoodles! So forget the bun but include your favorite burger concoction, whether it’s animal, vegetable, or feathered fowl, and enjoy a Ramen Burger from the kitchen of Bethany Ugarte aka @lilsipper.
RAMEN BURGER CARB FREE BUNS
To make 2 buns (top and bottom), you’ll need just three simple ingredients:
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 egg whites
- Spice of choice to taste
- Spiralize your zucchini & mix your zoodles with egg whites in a bowl with hands to fully coat. Season to taste.
- Separate zoodles into 2 parts and place inside ramekins. Cover with wax paper and smash down with a canned food item (i.e.: canned beans) and keep the can inside each ramekin to compress zoodles & place in fridge for at least 30 minutes (can be up to 24 hours if you want to prepare ahead of time) to set.
- Remove from fridge and heat a pan with cooking spray/coconut oil and sear each side (smash down w/spatula while cooking). “Charred” ends is good/normal. Serve as you would with any burger/veg burger, etc.
ALMOND BUTTER CHOCOLATE COVERED SANDWICH COOKIE
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
1) Grind oats to a powder and transfer to a bowl.
2) Puree dates w/boiling water and add to bowl w/oat flour. Mix well.
3) Mix in coconut flour to thicken your batter.
4) Scoop out 1 Tbsp of batter and roll into ball, then flatten to create a cookie shape.
5) Place cookie base on wax paper and freeze for 1 hour.
For the filling, all you’ll need is your favorite almond butter, as long as it’s not too runny. It needs to be pasty enough to hold the cookie sandwich together. Spread a little on one cookie end and top with other half.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Melt both ingredients together to create a sauce.
- Dip, drizzle, or cover cookies entirely with sauce. Store in freezer until ready to consume!
These nutrient-dense cookies are a meal in themselves and what a fun way to pack in a few grams of protein, arginine, and antioxidants. Easy to prepare, make up a batch and store them in the freezer.
These are just a few fun and tasty recipes from Bethany that you can find @lilsipper on Instagram. Give them a try to brighten up your meal prep. For Bethany, meal prep is simple when you have the right bag for the job. She told us:
I love my Fitmark Bags! They make meal prep so much easier, not just for my everyday routine, but also for beach trips, hikes, day trips and traveling.
Sport Your Lifestyle
The Fitmark Team