We have the best ambassadors on the Internet. They inspire us every day and share so many health tips, recipes, and fantastic photos, what would we do without them? So, just for you, we’ve put together some of their expert diet and fitness tips. Are you sitting comfortably? You’re gonna want to write these down!
One thing all of our ambassadors have in common is they all started their fitness journey with the desire to get healthier. Many of them were overweight and had lost sight of how to work out and stay fit, while others were searching for something competitive to replace high school athletics that they had loved. Learning something new, taking courses and making mistakes along the way have made them experts at reaching their goals.
Here’s Fitmark Ambassador Krisi Fenner, a “CPA by day and a bodybuilder at heart,” with some advice:
Fitmark Ambassador Krisi Fenner’s Top 3 Fit Tips
- Consistency wins every single time. If you restrict yourself during the week but then fall off the wagon on the weekends, you aren’t doing yourself any good. Find a program that is realistic and allows you some flexibility, and stay consistent with it.
- Set goals – big goals, small goals, long-term goals, short-term goals. Set them. Write them down. Then start checking them off the list as you achieve them. It will motivate you to keep going.
- Don’t compare yourself to the IG fitness models. Sure, it’s great to look to them as a source of motivation, but don’t caught up in it and tear yourself apart if you don’t look exactly like them. These girls are pros at angles, posing and lighting. If you met them in real life, chances are they’d look pretty normal like the rest of us. 🙂
You can get more helpful tips from Krisi in our interview: Finding Strength and Confidence through Fitness.
Fitmark Ambassador Allison Cote told us there’s no magic pill when you’re trying to lose weight, just “patience, persistence, and perseverance.” She said, “Over time, through trial and error, I’ve learned there isn’t one specific solution.”
Fitmark Ambassador Allison Cote’s Top 3 Fit Tips
- Don’t look at the scale; judge progress by the mirror and progress pictures. Weight is a number and 5 lbs of fat looks way different than 5 lbs of muscle.
- Don’t be scared of food. The most common problem for those looking to lose weight is under eating. More food, more fuel for your metabolism to keep burning.
- Lift weights. Don’t rely on cardio to drop body fat. Lean muscle burns more fat than cardio alone ever will.
You can find more fitness tips from Allison in our interview: The Agony of Defeat, The Thrill of Victory.
Fitmark Ambassador was a cardio bunny before she tried lifting weights. When she made the switch, she felt stronger, healthier and had way more energy, not to mention better muscle tone. Here are her top fit tips:
Fitmark Ambassador Klaire Roberson’s Top 3 Fit Tips
- Share your goals – There is something about having others know that you are pursuing a fitness goal that holds you more accountable. What motivated me most was joining the Instagram fitness community, and keeping a photo-journal of my progress. Soon, you find yourself motivating others to pursue a healthier lifestyle, and there’s nothing more rewarding than knowing you have that impact on someone!
- Track your food – We all think we know what we are eating. But you never truly know your total caloric intake or just how much protein/carbs/fats you’re consuming day-to-day unless you track. This is the first step in learning what your body can handle, so you can begin making consistent changes and transforming!
- Get a daily dose of motivation – As Zig Ziglar once said, “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – That’s why we recommend it daily!” Reading motivational blogs, listening to motivational podcasts, following an inspirational fitness Instagram account or YouTube page may seem like a silly tip, but every little bit of motivation adds up! Keep the knowledge and inspiration flowing in, and you’ll never lack the motivation to continue pursuing your fitness goals!
You can read Klaire’s story in our interview: Breaking Free from the Body Ideal.
Fitmark Ambassador Antony Woods believes the true beauty of fitness is how it positively affects your mind. He told us, “Before anything physical can occur, there must first be psychological growth and development.”
Fitmark Ambassador Anthony Woods’ Top 3 Fit Tips
- Always eat a healthy breakfast.
- To make life much easier, bring your food with you everywhere you go. This will help with temptation and resisting poor food choices. Fitmark has everything you need to make carrying your food do-able.
- Do something active, even if it’s something small, every day. No matter how long it takes. If you’re stepping in the right direction on your path, you’ll eventually get to your goal.
You can learn more about this mind-body connection in our interview with Anthony: The True Beauty Of Fitness Is All In The Mind.