When you’ve tasted defeat, the thrill of victory is all the sweeter because of it. Just ask Fitmark Ambassador Vanesa Delgado. After a torn meniscus and ACL injury put an end to a promising career in professional soccer, she took to the gym: “I decided to be more dedicated to the gym and continue my own physical therapy.”
Fitmark Ambassador: Vanesa Delgado
Lifestyle: Fitness Athlete, Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition and Meal Plan Coach
Fitmark Meal Bags: the Shield
Suffering an injury like this was a life changer for Vanesa, but then again, so was getting back into the gym and training for her first fitness competition.
I started training and getting my leg strong again. It was the hardest 5 months of my life, but I did it! I got 1st place, and I have to admit the toughest part was being in heels – lol!
Instead of letting the incident defeat her, she got right back up again to fight another day. Now she’s working in the fitness industry and helping people realize their dreams. We caught up with Vanesa to get some of her top meal prep and weight loss tips.
Top Meal Prep Tips For Beginners
- Keep it simple!
- When it comes to meal prepping, the best thing to do is to pick a day or two where you have some time to prepare your food for the week.
- Cook everything in bulk, that way everything is prepared and ready to go.
- Use your Fitmark containers to pack your food for the next day.
- When you’re heading out the door to go to work, just grab the containers and go.
Vanesa helps many clients reach their fitness goals and often that’s losing weight. She believes in planning your meals for the week and doing your meal prep ahead of time. “Moderation is key!”
Top 3 Weight Loss Tips
- Make sure you know your macros – how much protein, fats and carbs does your body need?
- Make sure you aren’t overeating or undereating.
- Make sure to keep active, even if it’s working out at home.
Vanesa has two good things to say about her Fitmark Bags: “Easy to store, easy to bring.”
I travel a lot and my Fitmark Bags help me bring all the food with me, as well as pack my clothes for each trip.
So the next time you feel like quitting, think of Vanesa’s story. Muster up that kind of determination and just go work out!
You can follow Fitmark Ambassador Vanesa Delgado on Instagram @vanez1fit