If you loved gymnastics as a kid and are wondering how to harness your fit potential once high school is over, why not try fitness competition. That’s exactly what Fitmark Ambassador Nicole Neargarder did and now she’s the youngest IFBB Pro in history.
Fitmark Ambassador: Nicole Neargarder
Lifestyle: Youngest IFBB Pro, Sponsored Athlete, Nutrition Student, Fitness Competitor
Fitmark Meal Bag: the Shield LG
Last year, at the age of 16, Nicole became the youngest fitness competitor to earn her pro card. It takes years of training to reach this level, but if you’re willing to put in the hours and hire the best trainers in the business, you can get there. She told us:
Winning my pro card was truly a dream come true! When they called my name, it took me a minute to realize what was happening. It was such a proud moment, and I was lucky to have family and friends in the audience to cheer me on!
Since then, Nicole has become a sponsored athlete, a brand ambassador for Fitmark Bags, and is currently taking a Nutrition degree at college. But that’s not all. She told us:
I work part time and teach two gymnastic classes to kids 5 to 12 years old, and I recently signed up to earn a NASM license so I can become a certified personal trainer.
Nutrition Is Priority Number One
Nicole makes healthy nutrition a priority in her life. She believes that food is fuel and not something that feeds your cravings. She told us:
I was taught from day one that abs are made in the kitchen, so eating healthy is a priority! I eat six times a day, so when I leave my house whether to train, work, or spend time with friends, I never leave without my Fitmark Bag to carry my meals.
Nicole Neargarder’s Top 3 Fit Tips
- Everyone needs to get up and moving. But before you start an exercise routine, it’s important to get the okay from your doctor.
- Remember to start slow by doing high rep, light weight exercises.
- Try to incorporate cardio into your everyday routine.
- Eating healthy meals consisting of proteins, low carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- My favorite healthy protein pancake recipe is 1 cup of egg whites 1 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Drink water throughout the day to keep your body hydrated and refreshed.